DevOps Engineer & Technical Support
Date posted: October 21, 2020
Who We Are And What We Do
Product is a monetization platform for the next generation of entertainment, from traditional gaming to emerging channels like esport of VR/AR.
Our platform helps game studios make money with programmatic product placements inserted into their games.
We already work with 250+ game developers. Our unique team, mainly based in London, has grown to over 40 people, almost half of which in our tech team, and we are just getting started having recently raised our Series A investment round.
What We’re Looking for
We are looking for a highly skilled engineer who can play multiple roles and specifically two main roles: Technical Support/DevOps Engineer.
The primary responsibilities of the Technical Support Engineer are to provide high-touch support to our non-technical team members by identifying, researching and resolving problems. The Technical Support Engineer provides in-depth technical product support by troubleshooting the code, querying the databases, and understanding the underlying AdStack. The Technical Support Engineer monitors the AdStack and is ready to take an active role in identifying defects, downtime, and providing technical guidance to our technical/non-technical teams.
On the other side is the need for a DevOps Engineer. You will help determine the policies, procedures, architecture, and support the ongoing operation of our AWS environments. As the leading in-game advertising solution, we will continue to be the best option for developers and advertisers alike. You will be uniquely placed to continue the design and implementation of whatever types of resources could be needed for our platform, and lead how they should be implemented in the best way possible.
● Answer/Solve complex technical issues to non-technical team members.
● Write scripts to extract and maybe update data from database/S3 as well as identify issues.
● Monitor the AdStack, as much as possible, its logs and correlate it with other internal platforms to identify issues, or downtime caused by DDOS attacks.
● Provide our team with support on technical, operational, and user/account-related issues on Discord or email.
● Architect, build, and operate AWS environments with well established best practices.
● Help determine our AWS account structure, IAM policies, and AWS account security at scale.
● Lead in the improvement of the availability and scalability of our AWS infrastructure.
● Work on ways to automate and improve development and release processes.
● Ensure our systems are safe and secure against cybersecurity threats.
● Be ready to learn any new technologies or contribute to assist any team member in its problems.
● Bachelor’s degree preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Computer Engineering.
● 2+ years experience with AWS, including heavy experience with IAM, VPC, EC2, ALB, S3, CloudWatch, Cloudfront, and Cloudformation.
● 3+ years experience with NodeJS/Java in a DevOps environment.
● 2+ years experience with building and evolving well-architected environments in AWS
● Linux or Windows administration through automated scripting of operations within those OS environments
● Knowledge of programming languages (NodeJS, Bash Scripts).
● Excellent team working and communication skills.
● Strong problem-solving skills.
● Excellent organisational and time management skills, and the ability to work on multiple projects at the same time.
Nice to have
● Experience with monitoring and logging tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Grafana, Cloudwatch.
● Experience with Git and JIRA.
● Experience with Azure and Google cloud services.
● Experience in the AdTech field.