Java Software Engineer
Date posted: October 7, 2019
Our client is a small international team with the core development done in Bucharest, Romania, a commercial office in London and NYC.
They’re seeking exceptional Java engineers to join one of their teams which is helping a stealth startup build a great product. You will get the opportunity to shape architecture design, to make critical technical decisions that impact the outcome of the project and to be involved into all aspects of releasing (design, development, deploy).
As a Java Software Engineer, you will be required to:
- Understand product requirements
- Build solutions from scratch, as well as develop on existing applications.
- Collaborate with the frontend team to design and implement APIs
- Guide the team in making intelligent technical tradeoffs
- Build efficient and reusable backend systems and abstractions
- Find and address performance issues
- Participate in design and code reviews.
- Deploy and monitor live services
We’re looking for developers who bring:
- Minimum two years of industry experience working on Java enterprise services
- Experience working with remote teams (our CTO is in NYC, our developers in Romania)
- A passion for building exceptional experiences with a maniacal focus on performance and metrics
- A strong grasp of computer science fundamentals
- Mid/Expert knowledge of JAVA
- Experience with databases SQL & NoSQL (Mysql, MongoDB, DynamoDB, Redis, Memcache, etc.. )
Bonus points if you have:
- testing experience (unit testing, load testing, TDD)
- Working experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud
- Experience with deployment tools (Docker, Kubernetes)