Principal Automation Engineer
Date posted: October 7, 2019
Our client is a small international team with the core development done in Bucharest, Romania, a commercial office in London and NYC.
They’re seeking exceptional AQA engineer to join one of their teams which is helping a stealth startup build a great product. You will get the opportunity to shape architecture design, to make critical technical decisions that impact the outcome of the project and to be involved into all aspects of releasing (design, development, deploy).
As a Principal Automation Engineer, you will be required to :
- Work with product team to understand product and customer requirements
- Develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools.
- Work with the QA team to develop a comprehensive QA testing strategy, determining the appropriate balance of manual and automated tests, as well as the types of tests (UI, web service API, functional/performance/load, and so on).
- Identify and execute on opportunities to improve the QA process
We’re looking for engineer who bring:
- 2+ years of experience working with UI automation frameworks and API testing
- Experience working with remote teams (our CTO is in NYC, our developers in Romania, France, Switzerland)
- Clear understanding of different testing patterns and their role
- Entry level knowledge of MySQL/SQL Server or MongoDB
- Proficient in English (spoken and written)
Bonus points if you have:
- experience writing automated tests (Selenium, cypress, etc ...)
- Working experience with cloud services: AWS, Azure, Google Cloud