Senior Java Developer
Location: Kiev, Ukraine
Date posted: December 7, 2020
It's a US-based content management technology company with its flagship product, Insight.
Insight is an award-winning interface to OpenText Documentum, FileNet, Box.Net content management systems, which provides seamless access to contents via desktop, web, and mobile.
The various facets of the product (InsightDesk, InsightMobile, and InsightWeb) allow maintaining familiar user experience in Windows desktop, iOS, and on the web, for operating the contents stored on the ECM content server.
The company became the 2016 winner of the Enterprise Content Partner Innovation Awards for the Best Mobile Solution.
Currently has offices in USA and in Ukraine.
The main development center for the product is in Kyiv, Ukraine, with a team of extremely intelligent, motivated and hard-working professionals.
It's a company where every single member of the team is treated as a valued member and is offered opportunities for tremendous career growth.
As a Senior Java development engineer, you will develop the key components of Insight product suite.
You will understand requirements, design the solution and implement it in the code. You will be challenged to support the rapid evolution of the software through validation methods that are both nimble, but also effective enough to drive the quality appropriate to the enterprise-class software.
As a member of the Product Development team, you will:
• Drive the implementation of key components in the Insight product suite.
• Design, develop, and deliver new exciting features to meet our customers’ needs.
• Continuously explore new technologies and integrate them with our product to support the product evolution.
• Perform peer code review to maintain the product stability and security.
• Deliver high quality software.
• Be encouraged to incorporate new methods in the software development processes to enhance the development & communication efficiency.
• Assist in the pre-sales process with the Sales team and provide release support to customer product deployment teams.
• BS/MS in Computer Science, engineering, or related field
• Java 6+ years
• Core Java library
• Servlets API
• Spring MVC
• Webservices server-side and client custom implementations
• Fluent in HTML and CSS. HTML5 and CSS3 features would be an advantage
• English – upper-intermediate
Nice to Have:
• Performance and memory profiling
• High load server-side implementations
• Usability expertise
• Responsive Web design
• Cross-browser development experience
• Experience integrating with web services
• Experience in using containerized application technologies (docker, K8S)
• Strong communication skills. Ability to work with multiple business and development teams.
• Desire and energy to work in a fast-paced environment - previous startup experience is a plus.
• Strong background in developing complex enterprise class software running on server platforms.
• Passion for solving problems.
• A sense of humor and willingness to learn new things.