If you are an experienced VueJS developer looking for a challenge and the opportunity to do something genuinely impactful in your career, we want to talk to you. We are looking for a full-time, fully remote, VueJs developer to build an entirely new UX for the company in the Language EdTech space.
This is a coding and architecture role that will also challenge your knowledge of game and nudge mechanics. Working directly with the CTO, you will establish an entirely new architecture based on VueJs 3 and our rapidly evolving API. We will rely on you to build a robust set of SPAs and standalone widgets to progressively replace our entire legacy UI, and later develop our mobile application.
This is an opportunity to start from scratch, on a foundation of a well established product, working alongside an established and experienced back-end development team.
To really love this job you will need to be enthusiastic about the potential of our business domains: Languages and EdTech; and know how to share that enthusiasm with our users. We are developing products that add value to the lives of real people, all of our technology and design decisions are made with the end user in mind. Within that scope we have large amounts of leeway to choose technical options that will motivate you and the rest of our team.
About the company
The product is an intelligent language learning platform, designed to help post-beginner learners reach fluency in the most efficient way possible. We occupy a unique place inbthe language EdTech space and provide a completely personalised learning experience for every student. Kwiziq has been nominated for Best AI product in education 3 years in a row (CogX London) and our founders are award-winning entrepreneurs.
The product exists to foster genuine understanding and deep relationships between people who speak different languages. We use smart technology to reduce, and where possible remove, the barriers to gaining fluency. We want you and your ideas to make our system even better and get more people talking.
The company have been around for over 10 years and are self-sustaining. They are expanding into new languages and have countless ideas and features to implement; this is not just a bugfix role, it requires all hands (and brains) on deck. They are hiring now for the long term and offer many options for technology and career progression. They need developers with strong opinions on code quality, performance, and working effectively in a distributed team environment.
● Establish and develop our new VueJs 3 architecture and development practices
● Develop dynamic interfaces that delight our customers and build engagement using gaming and nudge mechanics.
● Work autonomously to build and ship clean, performant, scalable, secure, quality code that brings joy to our customers.
● Work with the Product, Growth, Quality Assurance and Ops teams to discuss software projects and ensure that we deliver the best possible customer experience.
● Lead the design and implementation of technical architecture improvements. Advise on new technologies and processes
● Be available as necessary to troubleshoot urgent issues, but enjoy a very flexible work schedule.
● Assign tasks to the team including coding, testing, debugging, and analytics.
● Adhere to our established and evolving workflow processes, engaging with the team to make continual improvements.
● Be approachable and honest; be flexible and step up to the challenges presented to you.
● Write regression tests to ensure stability of our releases
● Write release notes.
● Maintain standards and best practices documentation
● Extensive, current experience of VueJS, with knowledge of other frameworks and mobile app development a strong plus.
● Strong opinions on Js architecture and code quality
● Demonstrable experience with SPA and widget development, any PWA experience a plus.
● Any experience working with gaming, or EdTech a major advantage
● Experience integrating with complex web services.
● Experience working with Agile development processes.
● Ability (and desire!) to write well scoped acceptance, unit and integration tests.
● Good knowledge of git and continuous integration. Experience collaborating with a team of developers.
● Demonstrable evidence of your background and skills e.g. bachelor's degree in computer science or online profile (GitHub or other)
● Excellent interpersonal skills - comfortable communicating with technical and non technical team members. Distributed working requires proactive communications.
● Great attention to detail
● Self organisation
● Solid spoken English. We have a multinational and multilingual team so perfect English is not required, but we can promise you’ll get better at it!
Apply because you want to
● Do meaningful work, on an interesting product, and see it from conception through to happy customers.
● Work remotely as a fully engaged team member, where your opinion matters. (We’ve been remote since long before COVID, and people love logging into work every morning).
● Work with a diverse, international team on a challenge that will positively impact the world.
● Work with a bunch of nerds who really enjoy the technology they work with.
● Work on legacy and greenfield challenges, expand your technical experience and seriously grow as a developer.
● This business has product-market fit and we’re already on a strong growth trajectory with great unit economics. You are joining a company during a major expansion phase, your opportunities will grow alongside it.