React Native Developer
Date posted: July 8, 2022
The product is a technology startup, in stealth mode, operating in the hospitality space. We’re building technology to revolutionise the way restaurants operate their kitchens, serve their customers and maximise their yield.
We’ve already signed our first customer — an enterprise restaurant business — and we’re working extremely closely with them. This is providing us great insights and access to all the detail we need to build great product for them and our future customers.
We are currently well underway with building a piece of technology for the kitchens of enterprise restaurants that is going to streamline how they receive and prepare food orders for delivery or collection. Our first customer is really excited to have this piece of technology in their restaurants — of which they’ve got thousands across the UK — and we are currently working hard to get ready for our pilot version!
Currently we’ve got a small founding team, based remotely across the UK and Europe, with a mix of backgrounds and experiences. We’re looking for our next hire to join us on our journey, take ownership of our front-end application built in React Native, and influence the future of our product and technology stack.
What you’ll be doing
- Work as part of a small, fast-paced cross-functional team, to build features for our tablet application.
- Architect, build and maintain excellent React Native applications with clean code.
- Implement clean, modern, smooth animations and transitions that provide an excellent user experience.
- Integrate with our backend APIs via HTTP and Websockets.
- Write unit and integration tests.
- Release applications to iOS and Google Play stores.
- Work with native modules when required.
- Work in weekly iterations (like sprints) with weekly demos and daily goals.
- Contributing to the future of our product decisions, design decisions and company culture.
As our first React Native hire you will take ownership of the code base of our new tablet app for iOS and Android that has been developed in React Native and will be launched into thousand(s) of restaurants in the coming months.
You’ll work across the full development lifecycle, building scalable, reusable components and front end libraries, ensuring code is well tested and highly performant. Collaborating with our cross-functional founding team to translate requirements into high quality code and performant product.
You’ll take the lead on defining our front-end tech stack, being an advocate of engineering best practice and drive innovation to ensure a best of breed app.
You should apply if you have
- 3+ years of professional experience working with React Native.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience.
- Experience working with Typescript beneficial but not required.
- Experience writing well-tested code at various layers of the testing pyramid.
- Ability to take charge of your work, work autonomously and at times with some ambiguity.
- Experience working in a start-up, in cross-functional teams or in early product lifecycles is a bonus — but not a must.
- The skills to do product discovery and talk to customers directly to bring back requirements and features.
- Like to ship work fast and often.
- A willingness to ask and listen to feedback.
Our benefits are still being worked on — we’re still getting setup! But our mission is to be a great remote workplace for every one of our team.
What we’ve got so far:
- Remote first: anywhere that aligns with your team’s timezone
- 33 days annual leave (which includes public holidays, 3 days for Xmas shutdown, and your Birthday off)
- An extra day of annual leave for each year’s service up to a maximum of 5 extra days
- Competitive salary with half year and end of year reviews
- Quarterly company get together for planning and socialising
- Bi-annual company retreat & regular get togethers
- M1 Macbook and anything else we agree you need to do your job effectively