Senior Unity App Developer
Date posted: May 12, 2020
Munich based custom software development company
It is a remote position for a company headquartered in Munich, Germany. Here a few words about the company:
They are a Munich based AWS Technology Partner company, focuses on digital applications that help entrepreneurs and large enterprises in their digital transformation initiatives. The company focuses on leveraging the latest technology trends – IoT, Virtual/Augmented Reality and Artificial Intelligence to create business solutions, which helps their customers in defining new business models, creating additional revenue streams and optimize their existing business processes.
You will work directly in a company with a permanent contract on a fully remote basis.
As a senior unity app developer, you will be part of an agile team and will be responsible with the front-end (client) side development.
● Create, debug, maintain and optimize the Unity based apps, editor and related tools used for the app development.
● Offer technical solutions, innovate and improve the quality of implementation, performance and usability of the editor, tools and tool chain as a whole.
● Keep the existing engine and tools up to date in accordance with the latest changes occurred in the development pipeline (e.g. new SDKs or middleware versions).
● Implement new app features and services in close partnership with the content team of the project and with respect for the end user comfort and app performance.
● Improve existing app features based on design requests.
● Develop the client side components for highly scalable multiplayer apps.
● Write technical design documents, for milestones and internal use.
● Minimum 3 years of working experience in game development
● Hands-on experience with Unity3D engine (editor and scripting)
● Strong knowledge of an object-oriented programming language, preferably C#
● Strong knowledge of gameplay programming
● Strong knowledge of WebGL programming
● Good knowledge of 3D modelling
● Experience in delivering mobile games for Android / iOS / MacOS
● Availability to work with new APIs and concepts
● Able to work on projects that might involve a lot of changes
● Able and interested to work in highly iterative processes and R&D
● Used to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical parties
● Able to provide guidance and mentorship to the programming team
● Good trouble shooting skills
● Excellent attention to detail
Nice to have:
● Experience with scripting languages
● Experience with load/stress concurrent user testing of the app
● Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or similar field